Monday, February 6, 2012

Homemade Oreos

I had Oreos for the first time when I lived in Kampala. They were the only biscuits that you could get from Shoprite that were not stale. And they tasted pretty good.

I found this recipe a while ago, so thought I would use the excuse of friends coming round to try them out.



They are so simple and much better than the ones in a box! For added goodness add a sprinkle of seasalt on the filling, before sandwiching the biscuits together (thank you Olivia for that tip!) The recipe made about a dozen sandwiched cookies. But next time I will make the biscuits thinner, so I would only use a 1/2 teaspoon of cookie dough for each ball.



PS-keep in the fridge-in a sealed box-then it is more difficult for you to eat them all in one day!

6 comments:

  1. oh my GOSH. YUM. i *hate* the taste of store bought oreos, but these looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimia-you should try them-they are so easy-and taste better than they look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks midnight cowgirl. and thank you melissa for linking them to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks midnight cowgirl. and thank you melissa for linking them to your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!