Sunday, June 3, 2012

Grating on me

Sometimes emails are too easy, to accessible and you can pour your thoughts onto the keyboard, with no regard to a response from the other person or for their feelings.

I have resorted to name calling (in my head); The Witches of Eastwick. Hey, I know what they think of me, they have told me, so don't feel sorry for them. I wouldn't normally vent on my blog, but they are grating on me, every day.



My mum has a no-fail courgette cake recipe, that when I am home I always use at least once, in that holiday. It has been a favourite for years.




I found this one on a blog the other day (can't remember who, and I have tried to find it since, but can't...is it yours??If so-thank you!).

Courgette (Zucchini) Muffins
1 large courgette (grated and then squeezed through kitchen towel)
1 cup of light brown sugar
2 tablespoons of granulated sugar (I used unrefined whole sugar)
2/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
a large handful (about 75g) of roughly chopped walnuts


Whisk sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt.
Add to mixture with courgette and nuts. Fold.
Divide into cases and bake for about 20 minutes.
(Since my oven has on and off-no joke...I couldn't tell you the temperature. I am guessing, 'hot'. )



Icing
1 cup of cream
1/2 cup of sour cream
3 tablespoons of icing sugar
whole walnuts to decorate

For my last 25 days at the 'w' place (not that I am counting), my friend has suggested that I just not open my email account. I'm going to follow that trinket of advice! It is harder for people to be nasty to you to your face and if it what they have to say is in fact important (doubtful!) then that person surely can walk 5 steps to my classroom.


I made these for my running buddy, who has some great (hohoho!) advice!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sad to hear that people are haters! On another note, those muffins look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Laura and Happydally! they tasted pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!