Monday, August 6, 2012

Ma familia

We are all a bit spread around; New Zealand, Ireland, England, Scotland, Dubai, Kenya (til recently) and now Sweden. 

We love each other, we do. It's not like we want to live in different continents to get away from each other...that is just the way it is for now. Being far away from each other just makes our get togethers more special.

A room full of different accents, sharing  experiences, jokes and adventures of the past few years. Yep, that is how long it has been.

But one of my favourite stories has to be from Fraser, who was retelling a story of a night out in Aberdeen, when a guy attempted to jump him and his friend, and the 'attacker's weapon of choice was a butter knife. My quick witted cousin retorted, "What are you going to do with that? Spread me on the pavement?"

Love.


9 comments:

  1. i only hope I could come up with something equally as witty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only hope I could come up with something equally as witty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then your family indeed is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude...I only wish my family lived all over the world like yours. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahaha, I love that comeback, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit it is a good joke, about the spreading knife :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sierra-you are right! I should plan some holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I only hope I'm that cool, calm, and funny if I got jumped.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny! I think Brits have a really witty sense of humor. I would have stood there drooling and mumbling and shaking! I probably would have thought of a witty comment a few hours (or days) later but not at the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!