Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lately


For most of last weekend this table was surrounded by friends I love. We only left the table to dance like rocker chicks or to top up our glasses.We laughed out loud and cried as we said goodbye. Jane and Sven are leaving Bahrain and heading back to the land they love; Uganda.

Then this weekend I was back in Dubai. I spent the weekend with 20 fiercely independent, strong and loving ladies. We danced the day and night away and put the world to right round bar tables.



And in between my weekends...I've been trying to find the pretty and reminding myself to breathe.

I'm trying to look forward not back; mostly looking forward to a quiet weekend at home!

Healthy living resumes now now!



9 comments:

  1. wow sounds like an amazing time was had by all, i hope you find that quite you are not looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lori. The end of the year seems to always be like this. I have some time this weekend though

      Delete
  2. oops, i meant to say (thanks ipad) the quiet you are now looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Lost in Travels! I saw your short little bio about your heart being in Scotland. I spent my study abroad semester there and LOVED it! I just did a recap on my time in Edinburgh on my blog as well! Look forward to reading more!

    Cassie
    www.sagetheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cassie. From your photos looks like you had a great time in Scotland...obviously! I love being in Edinburgh for the festival ...looking forward to my summer there.

      Delete
  4. ahh dubai!! i was so happy when i saw arabic on the juice carton, i was like where is she?! hope you love it over there! it is paradise :)

    ps;
    enter my kenneth cole bracelet giveaway!

    only a few people have entered, so the chance of winning is high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Dubai does seem like paradise sometimes, compared with Kuwait anyhow! The first photo is actually taken at my friends in Bahrain. I think I am a much bigger fan of Bahrain...it is just much more laid back.

      Delete
  5. Sounds pretty perfect to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there were some great memories made.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!