Sunday, January 5, 2014

Move over 2013! - Hello and goodbye




2014, I welcome you! 2013 has been a bit of a roller coaster with highs and lows, but this year is going to be about balance.
To work smart and to use time wisely, leaving me more time to do the things that make me happy. To be more balanced when it comes to food and to do a range of exercise, i.e to bring back yoga into my life!
This past holiday reaffirmed that my friends and family are what make me most happy and this year I plan on remembering that every day. I also know that I need to exercise every day to stay positive and sane! What I don't need so much of is technology...

I started my blog as a way of  keeping in touch with those I love, but it hasn't really turned out that way; although my parents have constantly been my biggest fans  (thank you!).
I've enjoyed sharing here and getting to know people through blogs, but I feel I am spending too much time on my phone and not enough of my time in the moment. So, as part of a more balanced year, I've decided to dip out of the blogosphere for now.

Family and friends know I will email with news of adventures or running photos (!) and if you would still like to see snapshots of what I'm doing, I'm still going to Instagram @africaandbeyond (I really like it at the moment- it is quick and easy- it's all about balance).

Thank you for reading my blog over the years. I've grown a lot since my first entry whilst I was living in Uganda. I've learnt a lot about myself during my adventures these past three years and writing about them has been part of my journey; first in Uganda, then in Kenya and now here in Kuwait, and holidays; in Holland, Spain, France, Germany, Ireland, Canada, Bahrain, Dubai,  the Maldives, Thailand, Australia and back home in Scotland.

Thank you for commenting on posts and cheering me on in spirit with my running. My first 3 marathons in 2013 have probably been my biggest achievements to date (apart from surviving my first year of teaching!) and every running buddy and cheerleader helped me cross the finish line.

We don't know what the New Year will bring. Hopefully happiness and peace within us all.
Maybe I'll end up coming back here and writing, but for now the time feels right for change.



I hope 2014 is a great year for you! Xx














7 comments:

  1. Wishing you a wonderful 2014! I've always loved reading about your adventures. We just returned from a trip to South Africa - we are smitten by the continent and would love to see more :) Wishing you peace and balance in the new year xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely words. Happy new year x

      Delete
    2. Happy Homemaker UK - Ha. I'm from South Africa, so I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
      Robyn - Happy new year. Hope you do return to the blogosphere even if it is just to post once a month.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Sid. At the moment I have had no time to miss it- although I miss journal keeping. I may go back to books!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I'm sad to see you go because I love reading about your funny adventures, but I totally understand. Sometimes you just need to take a break from the digital world and enjoy what's right in front of you. All the best for this new year, Robyn!

    We'll make sure to keep up with you on Instagram, and give you a big welcome back to the blogosphere if/when you decide to you return! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine.A change is as good as a rest. Maybe I'll start a new one ...but not at the moment. Keep posting whimsical photos of Paris for me!
      X

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos. Now it is almost 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!